MATTHEW K. FOSTER
Mr. Foster practices personal injury focusing on helping injured victims of sexual abuse, auto and trucking accidents, and negligent security cases. He joined the Brooks LeBoeuf, P.A. firm as an intern in 1991, becoming an attorney there in 1994. The Tallahassee native received his law degree from Florida State University Law School in 1994 with high honors. Mr. Foster received an athletic scholarship to attend Florida State University for undergraduate school where he competed on the swimming and diving team and was twice named the “Top Scholar Athlete” among all of the athletes at Florida State University, graduating magna cum laude. He was also nominated for a Rhodes Scholarship and selected for a Supreme Court internship.
For eleven years in a row, attorney Matthew K. Foster has earned the AV Preeminent® Rated Attorney designation from Martindale-Hubbard®. The AV Preeminent® Rating is a significant accomplishment and a testament to the fact that a lawyer’s peers and judges rank him at the highest level of professional excellence. Mr. Foster was also fortunate to be designated one of the “Top 100 Civil Trial Lawyers” in the United States by the National Trial Lawyers Association. He was also awarded the Lawyer to Legacy Golden Eagle Award by the Florida Justice Association for his dedication to civil justice. This award is only given to about six lawyers in the State of Florida. Most recently, he was named as Worldwide Registry’s Elite American Lawyer.
Mr. Foster also serves as an adjunct professor of Trial Practice at Florida State University College of Law and coaches the school’s nationally acclaimed Mock Trial team. He was also selected to serve the board of the Florida Justice Association, which protects the rights of injured victims and consumers in the Florida Legislature.
WHY PERSONAL INJURY?
As a result of being injured on his bicycle by a distracted driver at the age of 12, Mr. Foster developed a sense of duty and a passion for helping accident victims. He fights against insurance companies and corporations that place profits over safety. He has also helped the victims of serious violent crimes obtain substantial monetary recoveries against apartment owners who failed to provide adequate security for college students and other residents. His background in both civil and criminal litigation gives him a unique perspective in handling serious negligent/failed security claims and in representing victims of sexual abuse.
He is a member of the Florida Bar Association, board member of the Florida Justice Association, and the Capital City Justice Association. He has served on the Florida Bar Grievance Committee and is a past president of the Tallahassee Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division. He is committed to charitable and volunteer work with a variety of Christian-based organizations, such as Young Life where he served is a board member. Mr. Foster, his wife Linzy, and two children attend Trinity United Methodist Church where Mr. Foster serves on the Staff/Parish Committee and the Visioning Committee.
- Florida State University Law School, Juris Doctor (1994) with High Honors and Nominated for Rhodes Scholarship (1992)
- Florida State University, Cum Laude, 1991
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
- AV Preeminent® Rating 2007-2018, Martindale-Hubbell®
- Top 100 Civil Trial Lawyers, National Trial Lawyers Association
- Legacy Golden Eagle Award
- Lawyer to Legacy Golden Eagle Award 2018 from the Florida Justice Association
- Selected speaker at Masters of Justice Seminar (2017 & 2018) for both Auto Litigation and Civil Liability for Human Trafficking
- Co-chair Advanced Trial Seminar 2017
- Nominated for Rhodes Scholarship (FSU College of Law, 1992)
- The Florida Bar Association
- The Florida Justice Association (Board Member and Vanguard Chairman)
- The Capital City Justice Association
- The Tallahassee Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, President (Prior)
- Florida Bar Grievance Committee (Prior)
- Speaker at the Masters of Justice Seminar
- Advanced Auto Litigation
- Speaker at Masters of Justice on Human Trafficking (civil liability)
- The Florida Justice Association’s Florida Legislative Committee Chair, General Insurance
- Young Life, Board Member
- Trinity United Methodist Church, Staff/Parish Committee
- Trinity United Methodist Church, Visioning Committee
- Chairman, Church Council for Trinity United Methodist