How to Report Abuse, Neglect or Exploitation?

Guardians and family members should not hesitate to report concerns about abuse, neglect, or exploitation to appropriate governmental authorities. There are a variety of entities that receive and investigate such allegations, including:

  • In an emergency, call 911 – we advise clients that they should call 911 from the nursing home or hospital room if there is an emergency that requires immediate medical attention and they are not satisfied that the facility is providing that attention. If called, they will come.
  • The Abuse Hotline: 1-800-ABUSE
  • The Long Term Care Ombudsman: 888-831-0404
  • The Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA): 888-419-3456
  • The Department of Children & Families (DCF): 850-488-0161
  • Medicaid Fraud Control/Office of the Attorney General: 850-414-3600
  • If appropriate, call your local Sheriff or Police.